The Carefree Years....very literally.
"I have been very happy, very rich, very beautiful, much adulated, very famous and very unhappy..."
And all I needed was another reason to get back before spring.Of course everyone wants to remember the Bardot before she started caring "too much." (I'll see how nauseously stereotypical I can phrase this): You mean the globetrotting, absent-mothering playgirl rather than the homophobic, Muslim-hating, donkey-castrator? Either way we condemn, we love even more to fawn. Mlle Bardot believed it better to be unfaithful than to be faithful without wanting to be.... I suppose we can only ever hope to deserve anyone's consistently enthusiastic faith. And if not, if we can enjoy even the most fleetingly fervent devotion of another, it must not be taken for granted. Bardot and I can agree on one thing, though: sincerity, no matter how hurtful, always outweighs polite hypocrisy.
Only idiots refuse to change their minds. - BB


Comments
Post a Comment