une autre saison des célébrations
Although it seems the nation is currently being punched in the gut by Jack Frost I think I am almost over my post-christmas depression. I am ready to begin planting things and feeling warm in our house without running on the treadmill in my parka. New Orleans does not do cold well. Since the holidaze, we have transitioned from egg nog to Glühwein and finally, as of late, to the legendary STRAWBERRY. I have some very exciting plans for the upcoming week......and night - I am roasting a huge rutabaga as I type and plan on doing a mashed version of this veggie with thyme and rosemary (my herb garden is full of winter martyrs save the ruthless rosemary :-) tomorrow I begin the baking....like it's my job. Owl & I are throwing, if it is to be believed, our first get together at the house in celebration of his birthday and, inadvertently, the Superbowl. I am doing my famous dry rub ribs, mustard slaw, and cream-filled strawberry cupcakes whilst Owl & the boys berl us up as many shrimp as we can get our hungry hands on. All that is left to worry about is the storm delaying Owl's big present.....wish it luck.
I almost forgot, if this wasn't enough to knock my gloom upside down....fortunately, people here in the Crescent City move straight from Christmas decorations to Mardi Gras trimmings no matter how far away it is :-) I will survive.
I almost forgot, if this wasn't enough to knock my gloom upside down....fortunately, people here in the Crescent City move straight from Christmas decorations to Mardi Gras trimmings no matter how far away it is :-) I will survive.
| Jackie Uh-Oh & Big Tony, also known as my mother & father, last Mardi Gras in New Orleans... |


Comments
Post a Comment