a very good night in deed and other wise.

Last night was stunning. epic. sad, beautiful. exhausting, exhilarating, painful. a little tipsy and a lot of lovely. Owl and I returned home to our nest in New Orleans after a rather intense jaunt to my family's home in Jonesboro. My mother held the annual Craighead County Community Group's wine tasting. She knows how to throw a good party so we scooted up for it. We took the opportunity to return a vehicle that has been parked in front of our house since February to it's rightful owner and come back in a Uhaul filled with a few pieces of patio furniture from my grandmother's house.

Owl and I brought her lunch the last time I was there.   I had no idea how difficult it would be to go back without her presence.  It still smelled like her.  My father came over to help during the process.  We found some pistachios from '98.  Owl refused to eat them.

I also tried on my mother's wedding dress......we got it zipped up, but that's all I can say about that.  My arms felt like kielbasas.  That's all.

We got to see my little sweet baby nephew play soccer and his little Aud ball sister was exceptionally affectionate this particular visit.  Our friends Doug and Karen celebrated their 7 year anniversary and decided to caravan up to Memphis and Pardewville as well.

It was a beautiful weekend...with lots of little stories in between but at the end of it all we made it back.  Safe and sound and grateful.  We barely deserve such blessings.....but will take them kindly.  Last night, Owl and I revisited the oddness of our chance meeting and began acting as though we barely survived a tsunami.  After a few glasses of wine, it was a lewd display of sentimentality. 



I will forever graciously accept this unfathomable fortune.
h & m @ bridal world 2011

before the harry connick jr concert that owl's dad took us to...

the irises are popping!

almost to bbq heaven....

mom and little anthony

tasting wine....and then swallowing it.

ribs and mimosas for breaky.

my nana's den....clinging on to us only in pictures.

my favorite godson after his big game.

family portrait.

mom and the ever-affectionate audrey loo.

table scapes.

Comments

Popular Posts