canards chanceux

One of the most logical reasons I am with Owl is because he has got to be one of the luckiest people I've ever known.  It could be his mindset, his achingly (charmingly) optimistic outlook, or his ability to ACT like everything is wonderful....and I'm quite sure that believing everything is wonderful is much more important than it actually being wonderful. Both, percieved and actual, attitudes are contagious.  In a word, logically, he is healthy for me.
We've had an amazing few weeks and months together.  Just this weekend we bopped all over the city with my mother, searching for reception venues and gris gris, meeting with priests, Voodoo and Episcopal alike.  Roasting ducks and making cocktails......Buying homes and eating po-boys.  It was and is actually as magical as it sounds.  It looks like we have secured the Roosevelt and things are falling into place easier than anyone could hope for.  I am so excited for everything that has happened, is happening, and will come to pass over the next years and years, but most of all....I'm excited to always have the best seat in the house - right next to these lucky ducks.


“The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be” 
-Marcel Pagnol

Comments

  1. As a duly ordained High Priest of the Lower Order of Druids, I humbly offer my services.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a duly ordained High Priest of the Lower Order of Reformed Druids (we only worship shrubs and small bushes), I offer my services in your upcoming nuptials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm assuming you mean polio is the lucky duck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ leigh - amendment made : duck (S)

    @ uncle bill (i mean "high priest of the lower order of reformed druids") c'est possible.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts