mise à jour de jardin...

Ok, so today I'm pulling weeds, watering things, pruning, feeding, trying to be productive on a beautiful Saturday....you understand. When I first went out, the breeze was just enough to keep cool.  It didn't take long to get hot and gross and I did.  At this point, I have shifted gears and decide it's time for my yard work uniform - a sports bra and cut-offs. I continue to pull and prune, I'm crawling from one space to another like a machine, almost unable to see because of the sweat in my eyes....Ok, I was hot - is the point.
Surely because of this heat, I misjudge where I am exactly in space.  I decide to stand up so that I can examine my progress. When I do, I feel an incredible pain you know like one of those when you turn quickly into an open cabinet. The kind of jolt induced not by the object itself but by your very own clumsy, dead weight. Well I did this first, I stood up beneath the stone bird bath. And then, just as I finish saying to myself holy hell that hurrrr, the dirty bird poop water comes pouring down my pants. It was as though the bird bath was a tall cold pitcher of lemonade, except for that it wasn't - at all. In any way. If you give a damn, here are pics of my productivity today.

My back still hurts. But beauty is pain - even in the garden. I guess.
Once again, labels...I'm perfecting the art herb identification.
Basil, bed hoggin, like a douche bag.
My succulent corner. Zombie bonsai onlooking.
This is where the magic happens...bird paradise.
The bougainvilleas are beginning to scare me...they were maybe 4' when I planted them, and this pic is after pruning.
New oak leaf hydrangea buds, thankfully...I had 2 beautiful purple hydrangeas that had ugly, ugly deaths earlier this summer.
Our roses are now under the supervision of the horse. Maybe now they will behave themselves.
Zombie hibisci back from the dead :)
Owl brought home some happies for the fence today....I know not what they are yet.

Comments

Popular Posts