Speaking of Rauschenberg...Gluts @ the Guggenheim was very nice.
The first sculptural retrospective of Robert Rauschenberg's work since 1995. Forty pieces from international private and institutional collections were selected... Of the title, he explained “It’s a time of glut. Greed is rampant. I’m just exposing it, trying to wake people up. I simply want to present people with their ruins. . . . I think of the Gluts as souvenirs without nostalgia. What they are really meant to do is give people an experience of looking at everything in terms of what its many possibilities might be.” Some of the pieces were unexpectedly monochromatic. There was a graceful subtely in composition that, for Rauschenberg's oeuvre, was quite notable. The more rugged and colorful pieces were nice and predictable, but seemed to lack the aesthetic thoughtfulness of the more delicate work. In a word, they were much more Rauschy.


Comments
Post a Comment