On Sensitivity. Or more simply - Humanity.

"The King of Pop dead at 50...." I tweeted and text messaged to a handful of peeps. The responses, like a microsampling of the rest of the world, were distinctly diverse. In this respect they were interesting in their own right. On another level though - because of the brevity of communication and instantaneous nature of the technology - they seemed to compactly define a unique and respective savoir-faire of the respondent. Upon waking to find a world divided. One side, unabashedly devoted and sincerely saddened by this loss....the other, relegating the event as if a misunderstood appliance had been unplugged. When I got off work, I had an email waiting for me - Subject: On the power of blogging and MJ.
When I forget about that horrible feeling I had so often as a kid.....nauseously confused by a human being's capacity to be so intentionally and knowingly mean.....i simply think of perez hilton to remember the time.

That's enough for now. Rest in Peace Michael.

Comments

Popular Posts