I know I've been bad...
It's been a while I know. As of late, I 'think' I've been trying to do a little mental spring cleaning early. Things like...this post-it note that I've had on my file cabinet wondering when & where it may find itself appropriate, maybe it will be right here:
"growing up...everything seems to simultaneously make sense & fall apart. 9/27/09, 9:09 pm"
Not sure what inspired me at that moment to scribble it down but I guess I was trying to understand how the world becomes exponentially smaller as we interact with it more. All of our presumptions are tested and they will either reinstate themselves or they will completely disintegrate. I did some organizing today. I moved things around as I always do when my mind feels cluttered.
Recalibration is a difficult thing, be it physically via diet & exercise routine, psychologically via therapy, or worst of all emotionally via.....reiterating oneself a part from an other self.
It's important though. It's important to continue to know that oneself is important regardless of any exterior assurance of it. Always.
As long as that oneself sees it.
As Michael Eldred explains "Heidegger in fact approaches the phenomenon of the constitution of the self through a concept that he explicitly borrows from Hegel, namely, the concept of "reflection". "Reflect means here to refract on something, to radiate back from there, i.e. to show oneself in the reflection/shining-back from something. In Hegel, this optical meaning of the term 'reflection' resonates at one point... (Reflektieren heißt hier: sich an etwas brechen, von da zurückstrahlen, d.h. von etwas her im Widerschein sich zeigen. Bei Hegel [...] klingt einmal diese optische Bedeutung des Terminus 'Reflexion' an..., GA24:226). Heidegger, translating the Latin-derived 'Reflektieren' into the German-rooted 'Widerschein' or 'shining-back', goes on to make a great deal phenomenologically out ot this "show[ing] oneself in the reflection/shining-back from something".(7) This "optical" etymology of reflection serves Heidegger as an alternative to the well-known etymology of 'bending-back' as in the bending back of consciousness upon itself to become aware of itself as a self in self-reflective self-consciousness."
Like what I said. We only see our shadow when the sun is out.
Oh yeah, I have new pics from the last shoot....check'm out here.
Above quote retrieved from the Dialectic of Self and Other: Wrestling with Plato, Hegel, Heidegger By Michael Eldred.
"growing up...everything seems to simultaneously make sense & fall apart. 9/27/09, 9:09 pm"
Not sure what inspired me at that moment to scribble it down but I guess I was trying to understand how the world becomes exponentially smaller as we interact with it more. All of our presumptions are tested and they will either reinstate themselves or they will completely disintegrate. I did some organizing today. I moved things around as I always do when my mind feels cluttered.
Recalibration is a difficult thing, be it physically via diet & exercise routine, psychologically via therapy, or worst of all emotionally via.....reiterating oneself a part from an other self.
It's important though. It's important to continue to know that oneself is important regardless of any exterior assurance of it. Always.
As long as that oneself sees it.
As Michael Eldred explains "Heidegger in fact approaches the phenomenon of the constitution of the self through a concept that he explicitly borrows from Hegel, namely, the concept of "reflection". "Reflect means here to refract on something, to radiate back from there, i.e. to show oneself in the reflection/shining-back from something. In Hegel, this optical meaning of the term 'reflection' resonates at one point... (Reflektieren heißt hier: sich an etwas brechen, von da zurückstrahlen, d.h. von etwas her im Widerschein sich zeigen. Bei Hegel [...] klingt einmal diese optische Bedeutung des Terminus 'Reflexion' an..., GA24:226). Heidegger, translating the Latin-derived 'Reflektieren' into the German-rooted 'Widerschein' or 'shining-back', goes on to make a great deal phenomenologically out ot this "show[ing] oneself in the reflection/shining-back from something".(7) This "optical" etymology of reflection serves Heidegger as an alternative to the well-known etymology of 'bending-back' as in the bending back of consciousness upon itself to become aware of itself as a self in self-reflective self-consciousness."
Like what I said. We only see our shadow when the sun is out.
Oh yeah, I have new pics from the last shoot....check'm out here.
Above quote retrieved from the Dialectic of Self and Other: Wrestling with Plato, Hegel, Heidegger By Michael Eldred.



Comments
Post a Comment