good old fashioned stuckists....

# 11 Post Modernism, in its adolescent attempt to ape the clever and witty in modern art, has shown itself to be lost in a cul-de-sac of idiocy.
Billy Childish and Charles Thomson
4.8.99
First published by The Hangman Bureau of Enquiry

One of my most favorite quotes dismissing pomo and intellectual narcissism in contemporary art....the manifesto format really hurts their point, but I'll bite. Visually and philosophically, I pretty much dig the stuckists.


From the New Life Show Exhibition of the Miami Stuckists 8.8.09.



Bob Wills as a Clown Jeffrey Scott Holland
acrylic on wood construction, 2004

On that note...I'll use any excuse I can find to do this.

Comments

  1. Hi Heady, glad to see that you take an interest in Stuckism. Let me know if I can answer any questions you might have about my work or The Miami Stuckists, I'd love to share ideas.

    Thanks,
    Nick Christos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the props! Always nice when a piece of debris I drunkenly painted a clown on years ago turns up enshrined on the blogosphere.

    http://www.jshla.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts